Mailing List Archive

emerge postgres 7.4.5 fails
With:

USE="X gtk gnome -kde -qt dga alsa dvd cdr apache2 berkdb ssl spell
mozilla ssl"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"

I get.

checking test program... failed
configure: error:
*** Could not execute a simple test program. This may be a problem
*** related to locating shared libraries. Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason.
enigma postgresql-7.4.5 #

config.log just has:

#define HAVE_SYSLOG 1
#define HAVE_STRTOLL 1
#define HAVE_STRTOULL 1
#define HAVE_ATEXIT 1
#define HAVE_FSEEKO 1

configure: exit 1

Re: emerge postgres 7.4.5 fails [ In reply to ]
This is *Bugzilla Bug 63095
*/postgresql-7.4.3-r1 failes to configure because of missing libtermcap.so.2

The workaround is to

cd /lib/
ln libtermcap.so.2.0.8 libtermcap.so.2

Re: emerge postgres 7.4.5 fails [ In reply to ]
Kurt Guenther <kurtg@serent.com> writes:

> With:
>
> USE="X gtk gnome -kde -qt dga alsa dvd cdr apache2 berkdb ssl spell
> mozilla ssl"
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
>
> I get.
>
> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:
> *** Could not execute a simple test program. This may be a problem
> *** related to locating shared libraries. Check the file 'config.log'
> *** for the exact reason.

It did the same for me the first time I tried to emerge it. Looking at
config.log, I saw that there was no symlink for libtermcap.so.2, so I
ran ldconfig and re-ran emerge postgres and it then worked.

Re: emerge postgres 7.4.5 fails [ In reply to ]
> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:
> *** Could not execute a simple test program. This may be a problem
> *** related to locating shared libraries. Check the file 'config.log'
> *** for the exact reason.

I had this problem yesterday - just run ldconfig at the command line
and then try emerging postgresql again.

Paul