Mailing List Archive

Apache2 and PHP

Re: Apache2 and PHP [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Mike Williams wrote:

> Also, there is no reason why apache2 has to run in multi-threaded mode, Gentoo
> defaults to multi-process, so there is *NO* reason why PHP may be unsafe.

If you worked for a hosting company would you bet your job on it?
I wouldn't...

--
Aj.
Sys. Admin / Developer

Re: Apache2 and PHP [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 07 September 2004 3:32 pm, Ajai Khattri wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Mike Williams wrote:
> > Also, there is no reason why apache2 has to run in multi-threaded mode,
> > Gentoo defaults to multi-process, so there is *NO* reason why PHP may be
> > unsafe.

I fully agree.

> If you worked for a hosting company would you bet your job on it?
> I wouldn't...
That's it. yet another flaw... however, *I* would bet on my experience I got
with PHP4 and Apache2 => which I got since quite a while.

I'm running multiple PHP applications on it, not to mention phpBB and
tiki-wiki. never had any problem with them regarding to apche2.

greets,
Christian.

--
15:37:32 up 14 days, 3:17, 0 users, load average: 0.87, 0.86, 0.87
Re: Apache2 and PHP [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Christian Parpart wrote:

> I fully agree.
>
> > If you worked for a hosting company would you bet your job on it?
> > I wouldn't...
> That's it. yet another flaw... however, *I* would bet on my experience I got
> with PHP4 and Apache2 => which I got since quite a while.
>
> I'm running multiple PHP applications on it, not to mention phpBB and
> tiki-wiki. never had any problem with them regarding to apche2.

Do you have thousands of customers depending on it?
I didn't think so.

--
Aj.
Sys. Admin / Developer

Re: Apache2 and PHP [ In reply to ]
> If you worked for a hosting company would you bet your job on it?
> I wouldn't...

I'll see your job, and raise you five bucks.