Mailing List Archive

Re: Motherboard Comments? GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, fire-eyes wrote:

> I am looking for comments from people using the following motherboard on
> linux. I am planning to do raid1, hopefully hardware, on pata drives:
>
> GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2

Usually the RAID on these new motherboards is no better than software RAID
- you're better off not using it, use your kernel for software RAID
instead.

--
Aj.
Sys. Admin / Developer

Re: Motherboard Comments? GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2 [ In reply to ]
* On Thu Sep-02-2004 at 04:59:35 PM -0400, fire-eyes said:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for comments from people using the following motherboard on
> linux. I am planning to do raid1, hopefully hardware, on pata drives:
>
> GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2

My desktop is running on a GA-7NNXP which is a somewhat similar board.
PATA and SATA drives running great, but I haven't tried any RAID yet.

--
Sami Samhuri
Re: Motherboard Comments? GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2 [ In reply to ]
Sami Samhuri wrote:

>* On Thu Sep-02-2004 at 04:59:35 PM -0400, fire-eyes said:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I am looking for comments from people using the following motherboard on
>>linux. I am planning to do raid1, hopefully hardware, on pata drives:
>>
>>GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2
>>

>My desktop is running on a GA-7NNXP which is a somewhat similar board.
>PATA and SATA drives running great, but I haven't tried any RAID yet.

Same here :)

Re: Motherboard Comments? GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 15:30, Sami Samhuri wrote:
> * On Thu Sep-02-2004 at 04:59:35 PM -0400, fire-eyes said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for comments from people using the following motherboard on
> > linux. I am planning to do raid1, hopefully hardware, on pata drives:
> >
> > GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2
>
> My desktop is running on a GA-7NNXP which is a somewhat similar board.
> PATA and SATA drives running great, but I haven't tried any RAID yet.

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

Re: Motherboard Comments? GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 16:20, kage wrote:
> Sami Samhuri wrote:
>
> >* On Thu Sep-02-2004 at 04:59:35 PM -0400, fire-eyes said:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I am looking for comments from people using the following motherboard on
> >>linux. I am planning to do raid1, hopefully hardware, on pata drives:
> >>
> >>GIGABYTE GA-7N400PRO2
> >>

> >My desktop is running on a GA-7NNXP which is a somewhat similar board.
> >PATA and SATA drives running great, but I haven't tried any RAID yet.
> >

> Same here :)

Good to hear, thanks.