Mailing List Archive

Finding packages dependent on another one
Hello.

I want to find out which packages depend on libgcrypt.
libgcrypt is not in my world file, as

# grep libgcrypt /var/cache/edb/world

does not succeeds.

When I ask emerge to consider the entire dependency tree
of packages (-D option), libgcrypt is listed as having
an update:

# emerge -uvDp world

Calculating world dependencies ...done!
[ebuild U ] dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.25 [1.23] 75 kB
[ebuild U ] dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.2.0-r1 [1.2.0] +nls 0 kB
[...]

But qpkg is not able to find which packages depends on
libgcrypt:

# qpkg -v -i -I -q libgcrypt
dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.2.0 *
general purpose crypto library based on the code used in GnuPG [ http://www.gnupg.org/ ]
Compiled with USE Flags: nls
DEPENDED ON BY:

So, how can I find out which installed package depends on
libgcrypt?

Regards.

Romildo

Re: Finding packages dependent on another one [ In reply to ]
romildo@uber.com.br wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I want to find out which packages depend on libgcrypt.
> libgcrypt is not in my world file, as
>
> # grep libgcrypt /var/cache/edb/world
>
> does not succeeds.
>
> When I ask emerge to consider the entire dependency tree
> of packages (-D option), libgcrypt is listed as having
> an update:
>
> # emerge -uvDp world
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating world dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild U ] dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.25 [1.23] 75 kB
> [ebuild U ] dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.2.0-r1 [1.2.0] +nls 0 kB
> [...]
>
> But qpkg is not able to find which packages depends on
> libgcrypt:
>
> # qpkg -v -i -I -q libgcrypt
> dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.2.0 *
> general purpose crypto library based on the code used in GnuPG [ http://www.gnupg.org/ ]
> Compiled with USE Flags: nls
> DEPENDED ON BY:
>
> So, how can I find out which installed package depends on
> libgcrypt?
>
> Regards.
>
> Romildo

Try searching dev-libs/libcrypt on www.gentoo-portage.com. It will tell
you the dependencies and reverse dependencies (which are what you're
interested in) of any package in Portage. They even mark things as
dependent on USE flags. Great site.

Holly

Re: Finding packages dependent on another one [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:45:45 -0300
romildo@uber.com.br wrote:
> When I ask emerge to consider the entire dependency tree
> of packages (-D option), libgcrypt is listed as having
> an update:
>
> # emerge -uvDp world
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating world dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild U ] dev-perl/Net-SSLeay-1.25 [1.23] 75 kB
> [ebuild U ] dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.2.0-r1 [1.2.0] +nls 0 kB
> [...]
>
> But qpkg is not able to find which packages depends on
> libgcrypt:

# emerge -uvDpt world

-t is the same as --tree

Cheers,