Mailing List Archive

Re: Buying a Laptop and mail-in rebates
Update:

I finally got hold of this laptop.
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8026&qp=0&oid=95421&m=0

There was a $250 rebate yesterday. I hope that works out.

-Hareesh

Re: Re: Buying a Laptop and mail-in rebates [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:36:27 -0500, Hareesh Nagarajan
<hareesh.nagarajan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Update:
>
> I finally got hold of this laptop.
> http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8026&qp=0&oid=95421&m=0
>
> There was a $250 rebate yesterday. I hope that works out.

Excellent choice, IMO. The Compaq and HP laptops with AMD processors
are quite nice. I've been running one (HP ZE4630US) as a Gentoo ~x86
system for some time now, and it rocks.

--
/\/\
(CR) Collins Richey

Re: Re: Buying a Laptop and mail-in rebates [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:08:48 -0600, Collins Richey <crichey@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:36:27 -0500, Hareesh Nagarajan
> <hareesh.nagarajan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Update:
> >
> > I finally got hold of this laptop.
> > http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8026&qp=0&oid=95421&m=0
> >
> > There was a $250 rebate yesterday. I hope that works out.

Second thought. BestBuy has a similar HP unit on sale this weekend for
about $799 after rebates. I would buy it in a heartbeat, if I didn't
already have one that I paid about $900 after rebates 6 months ago
<groan>.

--
/\/\