Mailing List Archive

Re: Colour depth problems with nividia-6111 and xorg-x11-6.7.0-r2
James Hiscock kirjoitti:
> Dumb question: did you happen to set the DefaultDepth at all? It looks
> like you're running in 256 color mode, rather than 16, 24, or 32-bit
> color...

Well, whaddya know. It actually was caused by the missing DefaultDepth. I had
defined Depth in the Display subsection (and I only had one Display
subsection in xorg.conf so it should've been fairly obvious to the driver as
well), but I didn't define DefaultDepth in the Screen section.
Adding DefaultDepth fixed the problem right away. Apparently the nvidia
drivers can't read the colour depth from the Display subsection. I'm not sure
whether I should file a bug to nvidia about it, since all xorg's native
drivers work just fine without an explicitly defined DefaultDepth.

Thanks all.

--
Jani-Matti Hätinen