Mailing List Archive

Re: RAID problems
For VIA 8237 SATA, there's two kernel drivers. One detects the drive
as an IDE; that driver's also deprecated, which explains why it's
being superceded by the 2nd driver that detects them as SCSI's.

Re: RAID problems [ In reply to ]
Alle 13:33, sabato 04 settembre 2004, John Dong ha scritto:
> For VIA 8237 SATA, there's two kernel drivers. One detects the drive
> as an IDE; that driver's also deprecated, which explains why it's
> being superceded by the 2nd driver that detects them as SCSI's.

I have this SATA chipset! I found only the old one in the menu scsi low
drivers--->Via SATA support (CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_VIA=y)
What must I change?
Thanks,
Luigi

--
Public key (0x83A66C1F) available on http://keyserver.linux.it/
Re: RAID problems [ In reply to ]
That would be the _NEW_ one! The old one's under ATA/IDE.