I have a siislp650.ppd file but when I try to add it via cups under manufacture name Seiko is not showing up.

--
Thelma
Re: SII Smart Label Printer SLP-650 with Gentoo [ In reply to ]
On Sunday, 26 March 2023 20:53:01 BST thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> Is anybody using Seiko SII Smart Label Printer SLP-650 with Gentoo
> I have a hard time make it to work.
>
> I have a siislp650.ppd file but when I try to add it via cups under
> manufacture name Seiko is not showing up.

I hope I've understood you, but if you have a PPD file, you just specify it
directly.. No messing about with makers - just pick Another Network Printer
and copy in the file name. For instance, with my Lexmark printer I tell it to
use /usr/local/src/<printer ppd file>.

Peter.
Re: SII Smart Label Printer SLP-650 with Gentoo [ In reply to ]
Thelma:
> Is anybody using Seiko SII Smart Label Printer SLP-650 with Gentoo

No, sorry.

> I have a hard time make it to work.
> I have a siislp650.ppd file but when I try to add it via cups under manufacture name Seiko is not showing up.

This page mentions linux cups driver:
https://siibusinessproducts.com/support/software-driver-downloads/

There is also a driver here:
https://github.com/danieloneill/SeikoSLPLinuxDriver

The last one has a siislp650.ppd file which mentions:
/Library/Printers/SII/rastertosiislp.app/Contents/Resources/DriverIcons/slp650.icns
/usr/lib/cups/filter/seikoslp.rastertolabel

Do you have thoose two installed ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar
Re: SII Smart Label Printer SLP-650 with Gentoo [ In reply to ]
On 3/26/23 16:52, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> Thelma:
>> Is anybody using Seiko SII Smart Label Printer SLP-650 with Gentoo
>
> No, sorry.
>
>> I have a hard time make it to work.
>> I have a siislp650.ppd file but when I try to add it via cups under manufacture name Seiko is not showing up.
>
> This page mentions linux cups driver:
> https://siibusinessproducts.com/support/software-driver-downloads/
>
> There is also a driver here:
> https://github.com/danieloneill/SeikoSLPLinuxDriver
>
> The last one has a siislp650.ppd file which mentions:
> /Library/Printers/SII/rastertosiislp.app/Contents/Resources/DriverIcons/slp650.icns
> /usr/lib/cups/filter/seikoslp.rastertolabel

Yes, when I add via installer ppd file it complains:

Idle - "File "/usr/lib/cups/filter/seikoslp.rastertolabel" not available: No such file or directory"

> Do you have thoose two installed ?

I found file: seikoslp.rastertolabel
in: https://github.com/Mcbeer/SLP650Clone

But where to get the, "slp650.icns"
Re: SII Smart Label Printer SLP-650 with Gentoo [ In reply to ]
Thelma:
> But where to get the, "slp650.icns"

That is probably just some image:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Icon_Image

Take any suitable icon image you have an run:
convert file slp650.icns

If you want it to look like the label printer,
just take a phograph of it, downscale it to be suitable
for an icon and convert it.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar