Are there any configuration I have to modify?

Many thanks for your help
Helmut
torbrowser : proxy server is refusing connections [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I am totally new to "tor"
I have installed torbrowser from the torbrowser overlay.

When I start torbrowser, I get "Something Went Wrong"

When I start
torbrowser check.torproject.org

I get The proxy server is refusing connections

What am I missing?

Many thanks for your help
Helmut
Re: torbrowser : proxy server is refusing connections [ In reply to ]
On 05.03.23 18:18, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am totally new to "tor"
> I have installed torbrowser from the torbrowser overlay.
>
> When I start torbrowser, I get  "Something Went Wrong"
>
> When I start
> torbrowser check.torproject.org
>
> I get The proxy server is refusing connections
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Many thanks for your help
> Helmut

Do you have tor running on port 9150? Did you follow the instructions at
https://github.com/MeisterP/torbrowser-overlay/blob/master/Readme.md?

If you are new to tor, it's probably easier to just use the the bundle
from https://www.torproject.org/download/

It should work out of the box.