Mailing List Archive

Confusion about gpg-preset-passphrase
Hi all,

So I'm trying to use gpg-preset-passphrase but for some reason I keep
having to enter the passphrase all the same. I run

/usr/libexec/gpg-preset-passphrase --preset $KEYGRIP

and then paste the passphrase (I've also tried this with the keygrip for
the [E] subkey as opposed to the [SC]). But then when I try to decrypt
a file encrypted for this key I still face pinentry. I also tried
running the decryption command with the

--pinentry loopback --batch

which just fails with

gpg: Sorry, we are in batchmode - can't get input

And I already have in my gpg-agent.conf the following:

allow-preset-passphrase
max-cache-ttl 2147483647

Am I misunderstanding something here? Can someone please point me in the
right direction?

Thank you!

--
All the best,
Efe

The funny quote of this email is trivial and left as an exercise.
Re: Confusion about gpg-preset-passphrase [ In reply to ]
On 23/03/03 07:36AM, efeizbudak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So I'm trying to use gpg-preset-passphrase but for some reason I keep
> having to enter the passphrase all the same. I run
>
> /usr/libexec/gpg-preset-passphrase --preset $KEYGRIP
>
> and then paste the passphrase (I've also tried this with the keygrip for
> the [E] subkey as opposed to the [SC]). But then when I try to decrypt
> a file encrypted for this key I still face pinentry. I also tried
> running the decryption command with the
>
> --pinentry loopback --batch
>
> which just fails with
>
> gpg: Sorry, we are in batchmode - can't get input
>
> And I already have in my gpg-agent.conf the following:
>
> allow-preset-passphrase
> max-cache-ttl 2147483647
>
> Am I misunderstanding something here? Can someone please point me in the
> right direction?
>
> Thank you!

To anyone who sees this, it was caused by my stupidity to use a very
illegal password. Please do not bother.