anything like this.)

Regards

hitachi303
Re: nextcloud or owncloud and qt5 or rclone [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 22:18:44 +0100, hitachi303 wrote:

> so until now I am running my box without qt5. Compiling takes so long.
>
> But I am missing a client for owncloud or nextcloud. So I see
> nextcloud-cliend does not run without qt5. It does not need webengine
> but still. So I see as alternativ there is rclone. From the size of the
> download it seems to be even bigger.

The download size isn't really relevant, it's the amount of dependencies.
rclone uses Go AFAIR, so that's a lot less to build than Qt5.

> Does anyone have experience with rclone?

I use it regularly, although not with NextCloud (I use the Qt client for
that as I run KDE). It's basically rsync for cloud providers and should
work well with NextCloud, although you won't get the automatic syncing of
changes that you get with the client

--
Neil Bothwick

If it isn't broken, I can fix it.
Re: nextcloud or owncloud and qt5 or rclone [ In reply to ]
Dave