Mailing List Archive

Remove NetworkManager without breaking cinnamon ?
Hi, (i'm a endUser) i try to remove NetworkManager but it's seems to
have somes dependencies with cinnamon-control-center ? It's possible
without break cinnamon or worst ...?

Cheers.

Rumpelstilschien
Re: Remove NetworkManager without breaking cinnamon ? [ In reply to ]
You should start a new thread for your topic, instead of replying to an
existing thread to avoid messing up messages listed by thread.

Regarding your question: Cinnamon has a hardwired dependency on
networkmanager. I understand you can mask the networkmanager service or
remove it, but bits of it remain (nm-applet) and have to be disabled. Have a
look here:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/555630/how-can-i-get-rid-of-the-networkmanager-applet-if-i-use-wicd

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Cinnamon#Disable_the_NetworkManager_applet