CONFIG_BLK_DEBUG_FS_ZONED=y
CONFIG_ZONE_DMA=y
CONFIG_ZONE_DMA32=y
# CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_ZONES is not set
# CONFIG_DM_ZONED is not set
# CONFIG_ZONEFS_FS is not set
$

Any idea where it might be hiding?
Re: Locating CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE [ In reply to ]
It is in:
Memory Management options --->

and you will see it only if you have enabled this:

Depends on: MEMORY_HOTPLUG [=y] && MEMORY_HOTREMOVE [=y] && SPARSEMEM_VMEMMAP
[=y] && ARCH_HAS_PTE_DEVMAP [=y]

You can ALWAYS search with a / in make menuconfig (leading CONFIG_ is not
necessary).

Re: Locating CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE [ In reply to ]
On Friday, 23 December 2022 10:09:10 GMT Peter Böhm wrote:
> It is in:
> Memory Management options --->
>
> and you will see it only if you have enabled this:
>
> Depends on: MEMORY_HOTPLUG [=y] && MEMORY_HOTREMOVE [=y] &&
> SPARSEMEM_VMEMMAP [=y] && ARCH_HAS_PTE_DEVMAP [=y]

Thanks! I found it. :-)

~ $ grep ZONE_DEVICE /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE=y

> You can ALWAYS search with a / in make menuconfig (leading CONFIG_ is not
> necessary).

Hidden options do not show up until precedents have been enabled. I had to
enable a couple of the HOTPLUG options and then it showed up.
Re: Locating CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE [ In reply to ]
> Hidden options do not show up until precedents have been enabled. I had to
> enable a couple of the HOTPLUG options and then it showed up.

You can press the letter Z to toggle the display of hidden items.

/Morgan
Re: Locating CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE [ In reply to ]
On Friday, 23 December 2022 13:30:22 GMT Morgan Wesström wrote:
> > Hidden options do not show up until precedents have been enabled. I had
> > enable a couple of the HOTPLUG options and then it showed up.
>
> You can press the letter Z to toggle the display of hidden items.
>
> /Morgan

Thanks! I didn't know this.
Re: Locating CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE [ In reply to ]
On 23/12/2022 12:46, Michael wrote:
> On Friday, 23 December 2022 10:09:10 GMT Peter Böhm wrote:
>> It is in:
>> Memory Management options --->
>>
>> and you will see it only if you have enabled this:
>>
>> Depends on: MEMORY_HOTPLUG [=y] && MEMORY_HOTREMOVE [=y] &&
>> SPARSEMEM_VMEMMAP [=y] && ARCH_HAS_PTE_DEVMAP [=y]
>
> Thanks! I found it. :-)
>
> ~ $ grep ZONE_DEVICE /usr/src/linux/.config
> CONFIG_ZONE_DEVICE=y
>
>> You can ALWAYS search with a / in make menuconfig (leading CONFIG_ is not
>> necessary).
>
> Hidden options do not show up until precedents have been enabled. I had to
> enable a couple of the HOTPLUG options and then it showed up.

But / should (a) tell you where it is, and (b) tell you what to enable
to make it appear.

That's what Peter meant when he said / will always find it. / won't make
it appear, it tells *you* how to make it appear.

Cheers,
Wol