net-misc/x2goserver-4.1.0.3-r1

--
Thelma
Re: X2go - connect to XFCE desktop - grey screen [ In reply to ]
On 12/16/22 22:52, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> I recently upgraded remote computer and whey trying to connect via X2go with XFCE session produces just grey screen and it is hard to terminate the session.
>
> When I select "Connect to local Desktop" (remote computer is running XFCE) the connection works.
>
> The remote and local computer running same version of x2go:
> net-misc/x2goclient-4.1.2.2-r1
> net-misc/x2goserver-4.1.0.3-r1

When XFCE session is selected in I get grey screen and in the session log I see:
Loop: WARNING! Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent session.
Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent session.

It seems to me it is trying to force KDE session instead of XFCE.

Any solutions?
Re: X2go - connect to XFCE desktop - grey screen [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 2:17 PM <thelma@sys-concept.com> wrote:

> On 12/16/22 22:52, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> > I recently upgraded remote computer and whey trying to connect via X2go
with XFCE session produces just grey screen and it is hard to terminate the
session.

> > When I select "Connect to local Desktop" (remote computer is running
XFCE) the connection works.

> > The remote and local computer running same version of x2go:
> > net-misc/x2goclient-4.1.2.2-r1
> > net-misc/x2goserver-4.1.0.3-r1
>
> When XFCE session is selected in I get grey screen and in the session log
I see:
> Loop: WARNING! Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming
agent session.
> Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'. Assuming agent
session.

> It seems to me it is trying to force KDE session instead of XFCE.
>
> Any solutions?

There are many discussion in Google around the line

Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_24'

and differences in libraries. Have you studied those?