The ebuild doesn't seem to contain anything that would disable it.
What to do?

Jorge Almeida
Re: quodlibet [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 6 Aug 2022 22:46:25 +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:

> No "internet radio" in quodlibet?
>
> $ quodlibet --list-browsers
> 0. SearchBar
> 1. Playlists
> 2. Paned
> 3. AlbumList
> 4. CoverGrid
> 5. AlbumCollection
> 6. FileSystem
>
> The package accepts only 3 USE variables (dbus, gstreamer, udev), all
> of which are set. What to do?
> This feature exists, according to
> https://quodlibet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guide/browse/iradio.html

"This browser lets you listen to Internet radio stations (a.k.a.
streaming audio or Shoutcast). It supports MP3 and Ogg Vorbis streaming,
and may support other formats (AAC or RealMedia) if you have appropriate
GStreamer plugins installed."

It appears you need to install the appropriate GStreamer plugins. Once
you have determined what they are, you could file a bug requesting
USE-controlled dependencies for these.

--
Neil Bothwick

We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.
Re: quodlibet [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 9:50 AM Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Aug 2022 22:46:25 +0100, Jorge Almeida wrote:
>
> > No "internet radio" in quodlibet?
> >

> > of which are set. What to do?
> > This feature exists, according to
> > https://quodlibet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guide/browse/iradio.html
>

> It appears you need to install the appropriate GStreamer plugins. Once
> you have determined what they are, you could file a bug requesting
> USE-controlled dependencies for these.

Ah, yes, the trick is to set a bunch of USE variables for the package
media-plugins/gst-plugins-meta and re-emerge it. The relevant variable
must be "http", but I didn't check that. It works now. I'm not sure
the ebuild should add the same variables as gst-plugins-meta, a
warning about the need to setup the latter might be enough.
Thank you.