Mailing List Archive

Re: [gentoo-dev] Rust is here to eat your Pythonz
On 2022-07-26 08:42, Micha? Górny wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> Just a quick FYI: since Rust is going to be marked stable on the last
> architecture (sparc) that it's going to support in Gentoo, we're going
> to start cleaning up old dev-python/cryptography soon. If you don't
> want Rust, removing cryptography entirely will be your only option.

I see three solutions here (except installing rust):

1) Stick to old cryptography/pyopenssl (if none of vulnerabilities
impact revdeps)

2) Kindly ask upstream to switch to PyCryptodome

3) Write a library that implements cryptography API using PyCryptodome

The last option is kinda useless but fun. If you find it interesting,
contact me.