Thanks in advance!

--
xWK
Re: GNU Jami [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2022-07-21 at 15:15 +0200, wkuz@op.pl wrote:
> Does anybody know a reasonable way to install GNU Jami on Gentoo?

I've had success with installing rpm/dpk and installing a package
intended for another system. You might need to do some minor repairs
with directories, but it is an option.

Many published ebuilds actually already reference .deb files from
github et al and manipulate the results to adapt them for Gentoo.

> do I have to make my own or just git clone the repo and do it all by
> hand?

The nice thing about Gentoo is that you typically have a build
environment for most things already at hand. I've had success with
this as well.
Re: GNU Jami [ In reply to ]
GNU Jami is rather hard to do an ebuild for, from what I found out when
I wanted to install it. There used to be an ebuild for it on an overlay
somewhere, but then Jami changed their build method, and the ebuild
never got updated as it was too complex.

Luckily, though, some people packaged it for flatpak, if that's an
option for you : https://flathub.org/apps/details/net.jami.Jami

--
Julien