order to get more space on /boot, i tried to search the original message
that the guy sent me trough this list, but i cannot find it.

Here's a screenshot of my /boot folder:

I guess the kernel version i use is this one:

Could someone tell me a method to remove the old kernels in order to get
more space in /boot?

Thank you, and regards,

Guillermo.
Re: Boot has no space left. [ In reply to ]
Guillermo García wrote:

> Hello again guys, how are you? I hope you're fine.
>
> I remember someone told me a program to use to remove old kernels in
> order to get more space on /boot, i tried to search the original
> message that the guy sent me trough this list, but i cannot find it.
>
> Here's a screenshot of my /boot folder:
>
> I guess the kernel version i use is this one:
>
> Could someone tell me a method to remove the old kernels in order to
> get more space in /boot?
>
> Thank you, and regards,
>
> Guillermo.

I found it for you.  The package is app-admin/eclean-kernel.  I think
there is a wiki page on the Gentoo website for that.  I recall it being
pretty easy to use.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)
Re: Boot has no space left. [ In reply to ]
On 14/07/2022 23:51, Guillermo García wrote:
> Hello again guys, how are you? I hope you're fine.
>
> I remember someone told me a program to use to remove old kernels in
> order to get more space on /boot, i tried to search the original message
> that the guy sent me trough this list, but i cannot find it.
>
> Here's a screenshot of my /boot folder:
>
> I guess the kernel version i use is this one:
>
> Could someone tell me a method to remove the old kernels in order to get
> more space in /boot?

What kernels are in your grub.cfg / boot menu. If they're not in there,
just delete them from /boot.

It's normal to have your latest kernel in the boot menu, and one backup
kernel.

So, for every kernel NOT in your boot list, cd into /boot and, as root,
do "rm -i *x.y.z*" where x.y.z is the kernel version you want to get rid
of. It'll query what files it's going to delete, but so long as it looks
sensible, say "y" and get rid of it.

It looks like you've got seven kernels there, so five sevenths space
freed up is quite a lot ...

Cheers,
Wol
Re: Boot has no space left. [ In reply to ]
On 15/07/2022 00:01, Dale wrote:
> Guillermo García wrote:
>>
>> Hello again guys, how are you? I hope you're fine.
>>
>> I remember someone told me a program to use to remove old kernels in
>> order to get more space on /boot, i tried to search the original
>> message that the guy sent me trough this list, but i cannot find it.
>>
>> Here's a screenshot of my /boot folder:
>>
>> I guess the kernel version i use is this one:
>>
>> Could someone tell me a method to remove the old kernels in order to
>> get more space in /boot?
>>
>> Thank you, and regards,
>>
>> Guillermo.
>>

> I found it for you.  The package is app-admin/eclean-kernel.  I think
> there is a wiki page on the Gentoo website for that.  I recall it being
> pretty easy to use.

Bear in mind, if the OP is running 5.15.10, that's the second oldest
kernel in the list. If he's got five newer kernels there, is
eclean-kernel going to assume the live kernel is out-of-date and delete
it? NOT a good idea.

The OP needs to make sure that both 5.15.41 and 5.15.48 are in his boot
menu, AND that they both work, before risking clearing out the rest ...

Cheers,
Wol