Mailing List Archive

emerge --keep-going didn't continue (Re: net-libs/nodejs)
tastytea:
> On 2022-07-07 00:19+0200 karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> > When emergings with --skipfirst (i.e. skip nodejs),
> > I get:
> > emerge: It seems we have nothing to resume...
> >
> > Checking dependancies:
> > # emerge -vc net-libs/nodejs
> >
> > Calculating dependencies .... done!
> > net-libs/nodejs-14.19.0 pulled in by:
> > www-client/firefox-91.9.0 requires >=net-libs/nodejs-10.23.1
> >
> > So, why don't emerge build the other 100'ish packages ?
> > Last time I did emerge nodejs, must I run emerge @world
> > and let that fail first ?
>
> Yes, --resume will always try to resume the last command that failed,
> as far as i know.

Just tried that, emerge world and then killing g++ once the build for
nodejs started and "nodejs" failed, but emerge didn't continue with
the next one (using --keep-going), so why is nodejs blocking everything
else ???

So I removed firefox from world, now the rest is building. I'll solve
the firefox/nodejs thing later.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar
Re: emerge --keep-going didn't continue (Re: net-libs/nodejs) [ In reply to ]
On 2022.07.06 19:34, karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> tastytea:
> > On 2022-07-07 00:19+0200 karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> > > When emergings with --skipfirst (i.e. skip nodejs),
> > > I get:
> > > emerge: It seems we have nothing to resume...
> > >
> > > Checking dependancies:
> > > # emerge -vc net-libs/nodejs
> > >
> > > Calculating dependencies .... done!
> > > net-libs/nodejs-14.19.0 pulled in by:
> > > www-client/firefox-91.9.0 requires >=net-libs/nodejs-10.23.1
> > >
> > > So, why don't emerge build the other 100'ish packages ?
> > > Last time I did emerge nodejs, must I run emerge @world
> > > and let that fail first ?
> >
> > Yes, --resume will always try to resume the last command that
> failed,
> > as far as i know.
>
> Just tried that, emerge world and then killing g++ once the build for
> nodejs started and "nodejs" failed, but emerge didn't continue with
> the next one (using --keep-going), so why is nodejs blocking
> everything
> else ???
>
> So I removed firefox from world, now the rest is building. I'll solve
> the firefox/nodejs thing later.
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

I think you might also want to use --skip-first, which should then also
skip firefox due to the missing dependency. You could also use
--exclude firefox, to save editing your world file.