///

With nodejs, I get:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: memory exhausted

so, instead of redoing the whole compile, can I, after reducing
current memory usage, set up emerge to retry the linking and
continue from there ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar
Re: continuing an emerge [ In reply to ]
Dnia 2022-07-06, o godz. 15:48:04
karl@aspodata.se napisa?(a):

> Is it possible to continue a failed emerge ?
>
> ///
>
> With nodejs, I get:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> failed to set dynamic section sizes: memory exhausted
>
> so, instead of redoing the whole compile, can I, after reducing
> current memory usage, set up emerge to retry the linking and
> continue from there ?
>
> Regards,
> /Karl Hammar

There is emerge --resume command. However it starts from scratch with
the not-yet-merged packages as far as I can tell

--
xWK
Re: continuing an emerge [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 15:48:04 +0200 (CEST), karl@aspodata.se wrote:

> With nodejs, I get:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> failed to set dynamic section sizes: memory exhausted
>
> so, instead of redoing the whole compile, can I, after reducing
> current memory usage, set up emerge to retry the linking and
> continue from there ?

ebuild /path/to/ebuild merge

should do it.

--
Neil Bothwick

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Re: continuing an emerge [ In reply to ]
Neil Bothwick:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 15:48:04 +0200 (CEST), karl@aspodata.se wrote:
> > so, instead of redoing the whole compile, can I, after reducing
> > current memory usage, set up emerge to retry the linking and
> > continue from there ?
>
> ebuild /path/to/ebuild merge

Thanks, that did what I asked about.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar
> > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> > failed to set dynamic section sizes: memory exhausted
> >
> > so, instead of redoing the whole compile, can I, after reducing
> > current memory usage, set up emerge to retry the linking and continue
> > from there ?
>
> ebuild /path/to/ebuild merge
>
> should do it.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird.
> Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

You can also set FEATURES="keepwork keeptemp" for the one, specific emerge command. Setting them permanently is not generally recommended and emerge will tell you so.

LMP