StandardOutput=syslog
StandardError=syslog

and did a deamon-reload and restarted fcron, but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com
Re: all syslog entries from fcron appear on console [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 06:57:05 -0400,
John Covici wrote:

> Hi. I am using fcron and latest version of systemd 251.1 and what is
> happening is that all syslog entries from fcron are appearing on
> whatever console I am using which is quite annoying.
>
> I tried to put a drop in in /etc/systemd/system/fcron.d/00-fixlog.conf
> which says
> [service]
> StandardOutput=syslog
> StandardError=syslog
>
> and did a deamon-reload and restarted fcron, but no joy.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Well, I found out that systemd is very sensitive to the case of the
keywords -- I had service instead of Service and it was silently
ignored -- hate that. I don't know why it started, but putting
Standardoutput to syslog seems to have fixed it.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com