What are the alternatives?

--
Grant
Re: Replacement for RabbitVCS SVN/Git browser? [ In reply to ]
On 2022-06-06, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a good replacement for RabbitVCS? I've been
> using it for ages to browse repos (mainly SVN), but it seems to have
> died off. It's no longer in the package database nor in PyPi. The
> last update in the developer blog is 2-1/2 years old.
>
> What are the alternatives?

I found tkcvs, but it doesn't seem to do what I want. I mainly want to
look at file change logs, click on commits and see what changed in
that commit.

I found an ebuild for rapidsvn, but it doesn't seem to build because
it's using depricated library functions and various other C++ compiler
complaints.

--
Grant
Re: Replacement for RabbitVCS SVN/Git browser? [ In reply to ]
On 2022-06-06, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2022-06-06, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can anybody recommend a good replacement for RabbitVCS? I've been
>> using it for ages to browse repos (mainly SVN), but it seems to have
>> died off. It's no longer in the package database nor in PyPi. The
>> last update in the developer blog is 2-1/2 years old.
>>
>> What are the alternatives?
>
> I found tkcvs, but it doesn't seem to do what I want. I mainly want to
> look at file change logs, click on commits and see what changed in
> that commit.
>
> I found an ebuild for rapidsvn, but it doesn't seem to build because
> it's using depricated library functions and various other C++ compiler
> complaints.

I cloned rabbitvcs, from the "official" github repo and it seemed to
install just fine using the usual "python setup.py install". I had to
fix a couple minor syntax errors to get it to run, but it seems to be
working OK.