Mailing List Archive

IBus + Ctlr-Shift-u - unicode hex input
(first post on the list), Hello

From https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Input_methods it would seem gentoo
on IBus should support Ctrl-Shift-u to support input of unicode
characters. I have Ibus compiled with USE="unicode -emoji", and with
/usr/bin/ibus-setup, the emoji tab shows an entry of "Unicode code
point" with <Control><Shift><u>. However this seems to have no effect
on the C-S-u keybinding, and I am not prompted for any hex input in
applications that use IBus.

If I type Ctrl-<period> or Ctrl-<semicolon> I do get prompted with a
dialog box full of smileys. So even with USE=-emoji emoji prompting works.

Where should I look for the reasons why Ctrl-Shift-u doesn't work?
Does it work for others? Ibus input method switching works (for
applications that support it: xkb methdods always work but I see
glitches with ibus-m17n input methods), only this unicode input isn't
working. Could this be an IBus bug? Apparently it works out of the
box on other distros.

---
Madhu