Mailing List Archive

Lost keyboard shortcut to KDE button
Hello list,

While playing with task bars etc. I've managed to lose the Left Windows key
shortcut to open the task manager.

How can I get it back?

I asked this on the KDE User list eight days ago, but no reply.

Peter.
Re: Lost keyboard shortcut to KDE button [ In reply to ]
On 28/4/22 11:11 pm, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> While playing with task bars etc. I've managed to lose the Left Windows key
> shortcut to open the task manager.
>
> How can I get it back?
>
> I asked this on the KDE User list eight days ago, but no reply.

The thingy between "Ctrl" and "Alt", looks like the "Win 98" logo?
"Task Manager" - the thing that has all of the programmes, "log out",
"Shut down" etc? If you use the mouse off the task bar it's called the
"Application launcher"? Still there for me.

Display the task bar via moving the mouse to the appropriate posi, I
have the task bar across the top of the screen so I move the mouse to
the top and then the left hand corner where the little 9 dot icon is.
Select that and the launcher drops down. Next to the Search box is the
little two slider looking icon, "Configure Application Launcher". Select
that then "Keyboard Shortcuts". Select the key you want. Although I've
just noticed, that even though I changed this, to now be be "F12", which
works, the Windows icon still works.

Or are you referring to the thing accessed via "Ctrl" + "Esc""? Don't
know about that one.

Or maybe Ive still got it wrong...

Andrew
Re: Lost keyboard shortcut to KDE button [ In reply to ]
On 2022.04.28 11:11, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> While playing with task bars etc. I've managed to lose the Left
> Windows key shortcut to open the task manager.
>
> How can I get it back?
>
> I asked this on the KDE User list eight days ago, but no reply.
Systemsettings, Workspace, Shortcuts, Application Launcher Widget - set
it to Meta-Space. You can't set it to just "Meta" but removing the
Meta-Space setting for me stops just the Meta (Windows key) from
launching the widget.
Re: Lost keyboard shortcut to KDE button [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, 28 April 2022 17:57:47 -00 Jack wrote:
> On 2022.04.28 11:11, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > While playing with task bars etc. I've managed to lose the Left
> > Windows key shortcut to open the task manager.
> >
> > How can I get it back?
> >
> > I asked this on the KDE User list eight days ago, but no reply.
>
> Systemsettings, Workspace, Shortcuts, Application Launcher Widget - set
> it to Meta-Space. You can't set it to just "Meta" but removing the
> Meta-Space setting for me stops just the Meta (Windows key) from
> launching the widget.

Setting it to Meta-Space did it. Don't ask me why, because pressing the Meta
key brings up the widget - without a Space.

Thank you and Andrew.

Peter.