and mouse? I've tried a couple of devices over the past few years, but they
both failed - or at least they appeared to fail, in subtle ways.

I have two PC workstations and an Intel NUC box to connect to my 1920 x 1080
60Hz monitor. The PCs have DP outputs and I can connect the NUC via an
adapter cable. I don't want to route sound through the switch, and of course
it must not intercept control-key sequences but pass them on intact.

Any advice or experiences welcome.

Peter.
Re: [OT] DisplayPort KVM switch advice please [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 4:53:12 PM CET Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Can anyone recommend a reliable KVM switch for DisplayPort with USB keyboard
> and mouse? I've tried a couple of devices over the past few years, but they
> both failed - or at least they appeared to fail, in subtle ways.
>
> I have two PC workstations and an Intel NUC box to connect to my 1920 x 1080
> 60Hz monitor. The PCs have DP outputs and I can connect the NUC via an
> adapter cable. I don't want to route sound through the switch, and of
> course it must not intercept control-key sequences but pass them on intact.
>
> Any advice or experiences welcome.

No real advice/experience as I'm looking for one myself.

I've been looking for one that also keeps the signal to the device active (so
the connected system doesn't think the display disappeared) unlike the
mechanical switched ones I used in the past.

One vendor that had some good reviews is "ConnectPro", but they're not cheap
and often out-of-stock. For your list, the 4-port single should be ok and
currently is in stock:
https://connectpro.com/product/udp-14ap-kit-4-port-usb-displayport-kvm

If anyone has experience with these (or others) please share.

--
Joost