Git repository specified within it?

Sincerely,
Rainer
Re: How to create a local overlay? [ In reply to ]
On 2021-09-19 16:23+0200 Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> recently I received an "*.ebuild" file for a little piece of
> software I need. However, trying to find instructions in the Gentoo
> wiki regarding the creation of a local overlay utilizing this ebuild
> file up to now on- ly revealed confusing and/or outdated information.
>
> Could anybody point me to some up-to-date guide explaining how to
> create a local overlay which just utilizes this ebuild file and
> the external Git repository specified within it?

`eselect repository create localrepo` will create an overlay (now
officially called repository) in /var/db/repos/localrepo.

<https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Custom_ebuild_repository>

Kind regards, tastytea

--
Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@tastytea.de` or at
<https://tastytea.de/tastytea.asc>.
Re: How to create a local overlay? [ In reply to ]
Tastytea,

On Sunday, 2021-09-19 16:40:18 +0200, you wrote:

> <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Custom_ebuild_repository>

Looks good, thank you :-)

Sincerely,
Rainer