Since yesterday I've getting 502 Bad Gateway when trying to access
gitweb.gentoo.org and was wondering if anyone else is having the same
issue?
The gentoo infra status page says that it should be up so I'm not sure
what could be causing the problem but it's a 502 so I'm guessing it
must be a server side issue?

Thanks,
Hayley
Re: 502 Bad Gateway when accessing gitweb.gentoo.org [ In reply to ]
Hayley wrote:
> Hey all,
> Since yesterday I've getting 502 Bad Gateway when trying to access
> gitweb.gentoo.org and was wondering if anyone else is having the same
> issue?
> The gentoo infra status page says that it should be up so I'm not sure
> what could be causing the problem but it's a 502 so I'm guessing it
> must be a server side issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Hayley

I just read a message on -project I think that was about some upgrade
problems and some parts of infra not working correctly.  That could be
the problem you were seeing.  I think fixing the problem is still in
progress so may be a few days before everything is back up to 100%.
This is the message:

> Alec Warner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Many of you reported that various infra-owned services were not
>> functioning properly these past two days. We had some package
>> upgrades roll out that were bad, and a subset of services were
>> non-functional while we worked through the incident.
>>
>> (a) The upgrades did not appear to cause any data loss, but service
>> availability was reduced (500s / 502s for some HTTP services.)
>> (b) Some hosts may have had problems running some commands. E.g. I
>> know that 'grep' didn't work for a while. If you observed errors
>> related to missing 'GLIBC_2.33' symbols then this was likely related.
>> (c) Many replicated services (including infra-status) rely on gitweb
>> to take updates from git; and gitweb was not up, so they were unable
>> to receive updates.
>> (d) More impacted notes will follow in a postmortem that will come
>> later this week for this incident.
>>
>> Thanks to all of you who reported problems and apologies for the
>> service disruptions.
>>
>> -A

Hope that helps.  Should keep you from looking for the problem on your
end at least.

Dale

:-)  :-)
Re: 502 Bad Gateway when accessing gitweb.gentoo.org [ In reply to ]
Just saw the post on gentoo-dev. It'll be interesting to see the
postmortem as not being able to update the infra status page during an
outage is a bit of a problem ;)

Thanks for the reply

Hayley