Mailing List Archive

Re: [SOLVED] New install - root is mounted read-only
On 18/06/21 10:31, Adam Carter wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 7:15 PM Wols Lists <antlists@youngman.org.uk
> <mailto:antlists@youngman.org.uk>> wrote:
>
> I've started tackling my new build again, and when it boots root is
> read-only. Hopefully I've just missed something stupid, but how to I get
> it to transition read-write?
>

> Weird - here's my fstab and dmesg entries if you want to compare;
> /dev/nvme0n1p1 /boot vfat noauto 1 2
> /dev/nvme0n1p2 / ext4 noatime 0 1

I hadn't updated fstab - there weren't any entries in it.

As soon as I added the root file system, it remounted fine and it all
works. Now to get Wayland working ... :-) (and write a custom systemd to
start dm-integrity and make my home partition appear ...)

Cheers,
Wol