instead.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>
Re: Terminal over ssh badly scrambled [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 17:46:47 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:

> Another item that may or may not be related... emerging Gentoo sources
> did not create a symlink from "linux-5.10.27-gentoo" to "linux", so I
> had to do it manually. I suppose I could've used "eselect kernel set 1"
> instead.

Do you have the symlink USE flag set for gentoo-sources?

--
Neil Bothwick

Forget the Joneses...I can't keep up with The Simpsons.
Re: Terminal over ssh badly scrambled [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 11:03:30PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 17:46:47 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
>
> > Another item that may or may not be related... emerging Gentoo sources
> > did not create a symlink from "linux-5.10.27-gentoo" to "linux", so I
> > had to do it manually. I suppose I could've used "eselect kernel set 1"
> > instead.
>
> Do you have the symlink USE flag set for gentoo-sources?

No... but I didn't set it in the past, and still got the link during
the install.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>
Re: Terminal over ssh badly scrambled [ In reply to ]
>Some Google hits
>suggested checking that "TERM" and locale match on both machines. They
>do match on my systems. What next?

What terminal emulator are you using and what did you set the $TERM to?

Are you running any terminal multiplexer?

--
Hund
Re: Terminal over ssh badly scrambled [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 05:42:17AM +0200, Hund wrote
> >Some Google hits
> >suggested checking that "TERM" and locale match on both machines. They
> >do match on my systems. What next?
>
> What terminal emulator are you using and what did you set the $TERM to?

I use xterm on my desktop PC, and then...

export TERM="xterm"

I am not using "screen" or whatever.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>