Mailing List Archive

I am thinking of buying Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB with 7 or 10 inch touch screen display in June 2021
Subject: I am thinking of buying Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB with 7 or
10 inch touch screen display in June 2021

Good day from Singapore,

I am thinking of buying Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB with 7 or 10 inch
touch screen display in June 2021.

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B - 8GB (Latest) - Price SGD$120

https://sg.cytron.io/c-raspberry-pi/c-raspberry-pi-main-board/c-raspberry-pi-4/p-raspberry-pi-4-model-b-8gb-latest

Raspberry Pi 7 Inch Touch Screen Display With SmartiPi Case - Price SGD$147

https://sg.cytron.io/c-raspberry-pi/c-raspberry-pi-display/c-display-for-rpi-4/p-raspberry-pi-7in-touch-screen-with-smartipi-case

Do you think it is a good match?

I want to use my Raspberry Pi like a regular laptop or desktop
computer. Would a 7 inch touch screen display be too small for my use
case? I don't want to strain my eyes looking at a small display.
However, if I get a 10 inch touch screen display, I can't find one
with a supporting base. I can't find a 10 inch touch screen display
with a supporting base which could allow the screen to stand
vertically.

Finally, does your Linux distribution support Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8
GB? Can I do 4K Ultra HD video editing on the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8
GB? Like adding watermarks, and cutting away unwanted 4K scenes. Is
there a good 4K video editing software for Linux?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you very much.

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, 43 years old as of 9th May 2021,
is a TARGETED INDIVIDUAL living in Singapore. He is an IT Consultant
with a System Integrator (SI)/computer firm in Singapore. He is an IT
enthusiast.

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Targeted Individual Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's
Academic Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts
at the United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan
(5 Aug 2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

Re: I am thinking of buying Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB with 7 or 10 inch touch screen display in June 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 09, 2021 at 04:29:12PM +0800, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>Subject: I am thinking of buying Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB with 7 or
>10 inch touch screen display in June 2021
>
>Good day from Singapore,
>
>I am thinking of buying Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8GB with 7 or 10 inch
>touch screen display in June 2021.
>
>Raspberry Pi 4 Model B - 8GB (Latest) - Price SGD$120
>
>https://sg.cytron.io/c-raspberry-pi/c-raspberry-pi-main-board/c-raspberry-pi-4/p-raspberry-pi-4-model-b-8gb-latest
>
>Raspberry Pi 7 Inch Touch Screen Display With SmartiPi Case - Price SGD$147
>
>https://sg.cytron.io/c-raspberry-pi/c-raspberry-pi-display/c-display-for-rpi-4/p-raspberry-pi-7in-touch-screen-with-smartipi-case
>
>Do you think it is a good match?
>
>I want to use my Raspberry Pi like a regular laptop or desktop
>computer. Would a 7 inch touch screen display be too small for my use
>case? I don't want to strain my eyes looking at a small display.
>However, if I get a 10 inch touch screen display, I can't find one
>with a supporting base. I can't find a 10 inch touch screen display
>with a supporting base which could allow the screen to stand
>vertically.
>
>Finally, does your Linux distribution support Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8
>GB? Can I do 4K Ultra HD video editing on the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 8
>GB? Like adding watermarks, and cutting away unwanted 4K scenes. Is
>there a good 4K video editing software for Linux?
>
>I am looking forward to your reply.
>
>Thank you very much.

Hello,

I can't say anything about the Raspberry Pi part, as I don't have one
and have never used one, however, I believe every CPU architectures are
supported on Gentoo. However, you might need a keyboard to properly set
it up until you have touchscreen support and a virtual keyboard, and
likely to help with rescuing the OS if for some reason something breaks.
Maintaining a Gentoo distro on a CPU architecture that isn't x86_64/amd64
might also be quite the task, as I'm not quite sure how used other
architectures are. As for 4K video editing software, as I am not a video
editor at all, I cannot tell you what the video editing software options
are on Linux as a whole. What I can tell you however is that if you
don't plan on putting in some effort and time to make Gentoo to your
taste and all, using Gentoo might be a bad idea, as it is a distribution
based on the concept of building the OS you want. Updates also require
recompiling all the software that is updated, and if you don't update
regularly enough (let's say at least monthly), you might end up like one
of the many other people who end up with an unupdatable system that end
up on this mailing list. If you are seeking an easy to use and easy to
maintain distribution for your Raspberry Pi, you might be better off
looking into one of the distributions based around Pis such as Raspbian.
I can't however promise that any of them will be good distributions for
your use case as, like I said, I have no Raspberry Pis and therefore
haven't tried doing anything with one.

--
Kusoneko
https://kusoneko.moe

GPG Fingerprint: E5FD 4F97 502A 0BB3 04F4 4BA1 4405 15F2 4B65 A136
Fediverse: @kusoneko@misskey.kusoneko.moe
XMPP&E-Mail: kusoneko@kusoneko.moe

https://email.is-not-s.ms