Mailing List Archive

Emerge --root= headerfiles taken from / or ROOT?
Hi there,

I'm just trying setup a small target image with the --root (env SYSROOT), -
config-root and --sysroot options, and some builds fail, because the header
files as well as cmake include files are not taken from the path specified to
root/sysroot, but from /.

How can I make emerge/ebuild take the headers from the target path?

The goal is to have a target image, which contains only minimum set of
packages and also a minimum set of use flags, just to get it booting and fulfill
its purpose. The use flags and the package set are different from the host build
system. The architecture is the same, so I'm not cross compiling.

Thanks
Alex