Mailing List Archive

LibreOffice Base MySQL [HY000; 2003] Connection Fails, Referencing Non-Existent Source Files
Hello. Hope everyone remains well.

I am trying to connect to a MySQL database through LibreOffice Base, but I keep
receiving a curious error, complemented by an "SQL Status" of "HY000" and "Error
Code" of "2003":

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'genserv' (111)
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.0.5.2/work/libreoffice-7.0.5.2/
connectivity/source/drivers/mysqlc/mysqlc_general.cxx:119

('genserv' is the hostname of a MySQL server on the local network.)

According to [1], this error commonly occurs when the MySQL connector can not be
found. I've attempted connexions with "Direct" and "JDBC"; the same error
occurs with either protocol. Furthermore, I do not understand the reference to
the "mysql_general.cxx" file, considering the relevant file tree was erased by
Portage upon successful installation of LO.

Line 119 in the mentioned file is just a generic exception wrapper [2]. At this
stage, I'd rather not spend hours attaching a debugger and inspecting the call
stack. I've had a quick search of the forums and bug reports, and I can't find
much to do with this particular error on a Gentoo system.

I have a feeling it might be related to the message displayed by some OpenJDK
ebuilds [3], but I'm not adequately familiar with Java on Gentoo (or Java at
all...) to triage this further.

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks.

[1] https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/33841/
[2] https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/blob/master/connectivity/source/drivers/mysqlc/mysqlc_general.cxx#L115
[3] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/dev-java/openjdk/openjdk-11.0.10_p9.ebuild#n261