Mailing List Archive

Kodi 19 stabilization
Does anyone know if Kodi 19 is planning to be stabilized soon? I haven't
been able to update TV frontends since October.

(Before you say remove Kodi, don't bother - these are TV frontends and
their only purpose is to run Kodi!)

I'm also not interested in unmasking a ton of things to get it to install...

Dan
Re: Kodi 19 stabilization [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 14:57:22 -0700
Daniel Frey <djqfrey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if Kodi 19 is planning to be stabilized soon? I
> haven't been able to update TV frontends since October.
>
> (Before you say remove Kodi, don't bother - these are TV frontends
> and their only purpose is to run Kodi!)
>
> I'm also not interested in unmasking a ton of things to get it to
> install...

I have been running Kodi 19 since it was added to Gentoo and only had
to unmask dev-libs/libudfread to get it to build. It has worked
well other than some (non official) add ons not working because they
have not been upgraded to Python 3.

Steve
Steve Evans E-mail: mailto:stevee@gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key: http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html

5.4.97-gentoo Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz GNU/Linux

22:43:54 up 1 day, 14:28, 5 users, load average: 0.44, 0.29, 0.24
Re: Kodi 19 stabilization [ In reply to ]
On 3/14/21 3:51 PM, Steve Evans wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 14:57:22 -0700
> Daniel Frey <djqfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if Kodi 19 is planning to be stabilized soon? I
>> haven't been able to update TV frontends since October.
>>
>> (Before you say remove Kodi, don't bother - these are TV frontends
>> and their only purpose is to run Kodi!)
>>
>> I'm also not interested in unmasking a ton of things to get it to
>> install...
>>

> I have been running Kodi 19 since it was added to Gentoo and only had
> to unmask dev-libs/libudfread to get it to build. It has worked
> well other than some (non official) add ons not working because they
> have not been upgraded to Python 3.
>
> Steve

I may have to look into that. Thanks. However, as I've already waited so
many months what's another few? It's going to be a chore to upgrade
either way. :o)

Dan