Mailing List Archive

mariadb-10.5.9 unit file not found
This seems a weird one. After updating to 10.5.9 systemctl claims that
there is no unit file

$ systemctl start mariadb.service
Failed to start mariadb.service: Unit mariadb.service not found.

$ ls -l /lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Mar 9 23:08 /lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service -> ./mysqld.service

So I tried mysqld.service
$ systemctl start mysqld.service
Failed to start mysqld.service: Unit mysqld.service not found.

This is on a stable system on which I have just updated mariadb, a
testing system has been running the same version with identical unit
files with no issues.

Yes, I have done a daemon-reload, and even rebooted, but systemd refuses
to acknowledge the existence of the unit file. Google and bgo have so far
failed me.

--
Neil Bothwick

Bookmark - A means of returning to where you got lost last time.