What might be the reason? Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks for a hint,
Helmut
Re: Chromium Aw, Snap! [ In reply to ]
On 2021-02-12, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@skynet.be> wrote:

> since a few days Chromium is broken here. Even deleting
> ~/.config/chromium I get this error message immediately after Chromium
> comes up.

I've never seen that error message.

> I have tried the version 88.0.4324.150 , 89.0.4389.40 and
> 90.0.4412.3
>
> What might be the reason?

Based on the error message, I'd guess your neutrino flux is too high.

> Am I the only one with this problem?

7.5

--
Grant
Re: Re: Chromium Aw, Snap! [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 13:43:31 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:

> > since a few days Chromium is broken here. Even deleting
> > ~/.config/chromium I get this error message immediately after
> > Chromium comes up.
>
> I've never seen that error message.

I get it occasionally, usually after upgrading but not restarting
chromium. killall chrome and then restarting chromium clears it up.

--
Neil Bothwick

/ For security reasons, all text in this mail
is double-rot13 encrypted. /
Re: Chromium Aw, Snap! [ In reply to ]
On 2021-02-12, Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 13:43:31 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> > since a few days Chromium is broken here. Even deleting
>> > ~/.config/chromium I get this error message immediately after
>> > Chromium comes up.
>>
>> I've never seen that error message.
>
> I get it occasionally,

What is 'it'?

What was the error message?

--
Grant
Re: Re: Chromium Aw, Snap! [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 15:10:32 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:

> >> I've never seen that error message.
> >
> > I get it occasionally,
>
> What is 'it'?
>
> What was the error message?

You'd know if you had seen it. Chromium displays "Aw, snap!" in the
browser window when it barfs on a page.

The full message is the ever so helpful "Aw snap!. something went wrong
when displaying this page".

https://www.bleepstatic.com/images/news/u/1100723/AwSnap.png

--
Neil Bothwick

Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
Re: Chromium Aw, Snap! [ In reply to ]
On 2021-02-12, Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 15:10:32 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> What was the error message?
>
> You'd know if you had seen it. Chromium displays "Aw, snap!" in the
> browser window when it barfs on a page.

Ah. The most important bit of important bit of information was hidden
in the Subject: header.

> The full message is the ever so helpful "Aw snap!. something went wrong
> when displaying this page".

No, I don't think I've ever seen that...