Mailing List Archive

No keyboard at LILO menu when re-booting kernel 5.4.80-r1
I keep two kernels around.

* "Production" (currently 4.19.57)
* "Experimental" (currently 5.4.80-r1)

I updated "Experimental" to 5.4.80-r1 as part of my recent "world"
update. The problem is as follows...

* if I reboot from 4.19.57, the keyboard is fully functional at the LILO
menu.

* if I reboot from 5.4.80-r1, the keyboard is dead at the LILO menu. The
menu times out and boots the first choice (Production, i.e. 4.19.57).

Rebooting from the "Production" kernel allows me to scroll down at the
LILO menu to select "Experimental". Or I can run "lilo -R Experimental"
at the commandline to tell the system to skip the LILO menu, and go
directly to the "Experimental" kernel at the next reboot. I use
"uname -r" to check which kernel I've booted to. 5.4.80-r1 seems to be
running fine so far, except for the dead keyboard at the LILO menu.
This email is coming from 5.4.80-r1. Any ideas?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org>