Mailing List Archive

network bonding in gentoo/openrc
Hi all,

    how can I add/make active an interface that's to be part of a bonded
connection without rebooting/restarting the bond?  I have two interfaces
currently running in ieee802.3ad mode.  Usually I restart the interface
or reboot when adding an interface but in this case I don't want to risk
a glitch.  I did it months ago and now cant remember!  I don't think
ifenslave is used anymore.

BillK

** I want to add enp0s21f0u2

moriah ~ # cat /etc/conf.d/net

modules="iproute2 dhcpcd"

config_enp0s21f0u1="dhcp"
dhcp_enp0s21f0u1="nodns nontp"

# bond0
config_enp2s0="null"
config_enp3s0="null"
config_enp0s21f0u2="null"
config_bond0="null"
slaves_bond0="enp2s0 enp3s0 enp0s21f0u2"
mode_bond0="802.3ad"
vlans_bond0="40 41 44 46 49 73 77 78 79"
# voip
config_bond0_40="192.168.40.1/24"
# wifi
config_bond0_41="192.168.41.1/24"
# LAN
config_bond0_44="192.168.44.1/24"
# media
config_bond0_46="192.168.46.1/24"
# vm
config_bond0_49="192.168.49.1/24"
# mfs
config_bond0_72="192.168.72.1/24"
# iot
config_bond0_73="192.168.73.1/24"
# san
config_bond0_77="192.168.77.1/24"
# ext
config_bond0_78="192.168.78.1/24"
# infra
config_bond0_79="192.168.79.1/24"
Re: network bonding in gentoo/openrc [ In reply to ]
On 1/17/21 11:32 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> how can I add/make active an interface that's to be part of a
> bonded connection without rebooting/restarting the bond?

Does the following work?

ip link set dev eth2 master bond0

That's from memory without much caffeine. So check the syntax.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die