Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: network transfer speed [ In reply to ]
On Monday, January 18, 2021 8:57:38 AM CET Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
> [...]

Some cheaper switches fail-over to hub-mode when the traffic exceeds what it can
manage.

--
Joost
> Some cheaper switches fail-over to hub-mode when the traffic exceeds
> what it can manage.

Interesting, do you have pointers to such switches' specs? Or is it from experience?

Thanks,

raffaele
Re: network transfer speed [ In reply to ]
On Monday, January 18, 2021 10:58:24 AM CET Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
> [...]

This is from experience, also 1 of the reasons why I switched to managed
switches.

--
Joost
Re: network transfer speed [ In reply to ]
? 2021/1/18 ??6:19, J. Roeleveld ??:
> On Monday, January 18, 2021 10:58:24 AM CET Raffaele BELARDI wrote:

That's true.
Some cheap switches may become like a network cable when it fails or
exceeds network flow. And there is also no log to check, will cause some
strange problems.

Actually , some business machines also have such a policy that they
become straight through or completely blocked in case of failure. But
they have a fail log for review.

--
bobwxc
F645 5C7A 08E8 A637 24C6 D59E 36E9 4EAB B53E 516B
Re: network transfer speed [ In reply to ]
On 1/18/21 4:41 AM, bobwxc wrote:
> ? 2021/1/18 ??6:19, J. Roeleveld ??:

What switch would you folks recommend?
I'm planning getting to the bottom of it including replacing switch and cable if I have to.