Do you know what might be a case? I'm out of ideas :(

Thanks
Igor Mróz
Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
It looks like a problem with energy management/screen saver. I've tried to disable DPMS in Xorg config - that didn't help. Setting 'Option "BlankTime" "0"' helped, but only due to screen not going to sleep now.

Do you have any clues?

Igor

RE: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Hi!
I similar problem with my touchpad but the different model of Lenovo laptop, but it should help ???? https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1094436-start-0.html
If it will not help I can help you with that problem ????

---
Regards,
Marcin Wo?niak
https://yorune.pl

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Thanks for link, but I don't have problem with touchpad - I made it work. Problem is with driver/server freezing ;)

Igor

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Did you think to reinstall (in an other partition) Gentoo, and test
after each step, to know at which step the bug appears ?

It's a fastidious method, but you will may be know more precisely where
is the problem.

Regards,

Hogren

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Yeah, I've thought about it, but it is currently impossible - too much work to do ;) Maybe in the future. I hope that maybe someone has a clue what could be wrong with my setup :)

Thanks
Igor

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Did you try to open another tty after a freeze (CTRL + ALT [0-9]) ?

And if it worked, did you try to run a second Xorg server (with startx
command or whatever) ?

Regards,

Hogren

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 13:47:56 +0100
Hogren <hogren@iiiha.com> wrote:

> Did you try to open another tty after a freeze (CTRL + ALT [0-9]) ?

Yes - screen is completely frozen and only way to interact with system is via ALT + SysRq.

I've also tried to reboot/shutdown system via SSH, but it didn't work.

Igor

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
On 07/01/2021 18:48, Igor Mróz wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 13:47:56 +0100
> Hogren <hogren@iiiha.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you try to open another tty after a freeze (CTRL + ALT [0-9]) ?
> Yes - screen is completely frozen and only way to interact with system is via ALT + SysRq.
>
> I've also tried to reboot/shutdown system via SSH, but it didn't work.

After execute a remote reboot, how long did you wait before to force the
machine ?

Do you have systemd ?  Did you analyse journalctl  (you just said
dmesg/logs) ?

Regards

Hogren
Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
> After execute a remote reboot, how long did you wait before to force the
> machine ?

I didn't count, but it was probably around 5 to 10 minutes.

> Do you have systemd ?  Did you analyse journalctl  (you just said
> dmesg/logs) ?

Nope - I use OpenRC. But I can't find anything weird in logs when crash occurs or after that.

Igor
Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Hi!

What do you use for suspend? I had also problem with suspend I created
the bugs https://bugs.gentoo.org/763129. You can try do it like in the
comments. If it does not help, please write ;)

On 21/01/09 09:30PM, Igor Mróz wrote:
> > After execute a remote reboot, how long did you wait before to force the
> > machine ?
>
> I didn't count, but it was probably around 5 to 10 minutes.
>

> > Do you have systemd ?  Did you analyse journalctl  (you just said
> > dmesg/logs) ?
>
> Nope - I use OpenRC. But I can't find anything weird in logs when crash occurs or after that.
>
> Igor

Marcin Wo?niak
https://yorune.pl
Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
I don't really know - I haven't installed anything. Now I'm not really sure if this is problem with suspension or just screen resuming after "turning" it off. I also don't have Nvidia card.

Igor

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:49:35 +0100, Igor Mróz wrote:

> I don't really know - I haven't installed anything. Now I'm not really sure if this is problem with suspension or just screen resuming after "turning" it off. I also don't have Nvidia card.
>
> Igor

Try running xorg-server with +suid.

-h
Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
On Monday, January 11, 2021 2:22:27 PM CET Holger Hoffst?tte wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:49:35 +0100, Igor Mr?z wrote:
> > I don't really know - I haven't installed anything. Now I'm not really
> > sure if this is problem with suspension or just screen resuming after
> > "turning" it off. I also don't have Nvidia card.
> >
> > Igor
>
> Try running xorg-server with +suid.

That should not be necessary for suspend/resume.
I have that flag disabled (as per default) on my laptop and that one gets
suspended regularly.

--
Joost
Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
I don't even know where to search.

I tried to SSH to 'frozen' laptop, but as I wrote earlier - there is nothing suspicious in dmesg or xorg logs. Only difference is in 'ps' i.e. process '[kworker/u16:0-i915]' changed to '[kworker/u16:0-events_unbound]' and some other kworkers received new PIDs (like those have been restarted).

Igor

Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:01:41 +0100, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> On Monday, January 11, 2021 2:22:27 PM CET Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 13:49:35 +0100, Igor Mróz wrote:
>> > I don't really know - I haven't installed anything. Now I'm not really
>> > sure if this is problem with suspension or just screen resuming after
>> > "turning" it off. I also don't have Nvidia card.
>> >
>> > Igor
>>
>> Try running xorg-server with +suid.
>
> That should not be necessary for suspend/resume.
> I have that flag disabled (as per default) on my laptop and that one gets
> suspended regularly.

That's great, and yet for me wakeup from suspend does not work properly
with my old r600 Radeon card using xf86-video-ati and xorg-server -suid.
There are other people who have the same issue after the xorg-server
migration to elogind, hence the suggestion.

-h
Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
On 11 January 2021 19:33:55 CET, "Igor Mróz" <mrozigor@wp.pl> wrote:
>I don't even know where to search.
>
>I tried to SSH to 'frozen' laptop, but as I wrote earlier - there is
>nothing suspicious in dmesg or xorg logs. Only difference is in 'ps'
>i.e. process '[kworker/u16:0-i915]' changed to
>'[kworker/u16:0-events_unbound]' and some other kworkers received new
>PIDs (like those have been restarted).
>
>Igor
>

>On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:01:41 +0100
>"J. Roeleveld" <joost@antarean.org> wrote:

>really
>after

>> > Try running xorg-server with +suid.
>>
>> That should not be necessary for suspend/resume.
>> I have that flag disabled (as per default) on my laptop and that one
>gets
>> suspended regularly.
>>
>> --
>> Joost

Anything running at 100÷?

Check "top" when ssh'd in

Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Thanks. I've tried to enable suid flag but unfortunately with no luck ;)

Igor

Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
You mean 100%? Nope, all looks normal. I even tried to build elogind with policykit USE, but with no luck. loginctl shows that session/seat is active all the time.

Igor

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 20:05:20 +0100

Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
Please don't top-post.

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 11:32:44 AM CET Igor Mr?z wrote:
> You mean 100%? Nope, all looks normal. I even tried to build elogind with
> policykit USE, but with no luck. loginctl shows that session/seat is active
> all the time.
>
> Igor
>

> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 20:05:20 +0100
>
> "J. Roeleveld" <joost@antarean.org> wrote:
> > On 11 January 2021 19:33:55 CET, "Igor Mr?z" <mrozigor@wp.pl> wrote:
> > >I don't even know where to search.
> > >
> > >I tried to SSH to 'frozen' laptop, but as I wrote earlier - there is
> > >nothing suspicious in dmesg or xorg logs. Only difference is in 'ps'
> > >i.e. process '[kworker/u16:0-i915]' changed to
> > >'[kworker/u16:0-events_unbound]' and some other kworkers received new
> > >PIDs (like those have been restarted).
> > >
> > >Igor

> > >really

> > >after

> > >gets

> > Anything running at 100??
> >
> > Check "top" when ssh'd in

Reason I asked: On one of my systems, I have the occasional issue where a
screenlock-task is "hanging" and using 100% CPU.
Killing that, restores the screen back to normal.

--
Joost
Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
> Please don't top-post.

Sorry, trying to change my email writing habit ;)

> Reason I asked: On one of my systems, I have the occasional issue where a
> screenlock-task is "hanging" and using 100% CPU.
> Killing that, restores the screen back to normal.

Unfortunately there are no signs of app/driver crash as well as any other system malfunction.

Igor
Re: Re: Screen/driver/xserver freezing after suspension [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:58:55 PM CET Igor Mr?z wrote:
> > Please don't top-post.
>
> Sorry, trying to change my email writing habit ;)
>
> > Reason I asked: On one of my systems, I have the occasional issue where a
> > screenlock-task is "hanging" and using 100% CPU.
> > Killing that, restores the screen back to normal.
>
> Unfortunately there are no signs of app/driver crash as well as any other
> system malfunction.
>
> Igor

Then I am not certain.
There is, however, one big difference:
I am running "stable" (amd64) on my laptop.
You appear to be running "testing" (~amd64)

Anything there might be causing the issue you are seeing, but I am unable to
check if that is actually the case.