Mailing List Archive

hplip network scanning port
I used to be able to scan on my gentoo box from an HP officejet pro on the
network. This is now failing and i can see that the gentoo box is
attempting to connect to TCP/6566 on the HP, but the HP is not listening on
that port.

Test command is;
hp-scan -dhpaio:/net/HP_Officejet_Pro_8620?ip=<ip address>

Is 6566 scan attempt using the correct port?

Nmap of the printer;
PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open http
139/tcp open netbios-ssn
443/tcp open https
445/tcp open microsoft-ds
515/tcp open printer
631/tcp open ipp
3910/tcp open prnrequest
3911/tcp open prnstatus
6839/tcp open unknown
7435/tcp open unknown
8080/tcp open http-proxy
9100/tcp open jetdirect
9220/tcp open unknown
53048/tcp open unknown
Re: hplip network scanning port [ In reply to ]
On 01/08/2020 03:03, Adam Carter wrote:
> I used to be able to scan on my gentoo box from an HP officejet pro on
> the network. This is now failing and i can see that the gentoo box is
> attempting to connect to TCP/6566 on the HP, but the HP is not listening
> on that port.
>
> Test command is;
> hp-scan -dhpaio:/net/HP_Officejet_Pro_8620?ip=<ip address>
>
> Is 6566 scan attempt using the correct port?

Have you accidentally closed the port on the scanner (not sure whether
that's possible, but ...)

I use "scan to network" from the printer, but that may not be possible
on yours. Just open a samba port and the scanner saves the file there.
But that isn't foolproof either - when I changed scanner (from Dell to
HP) one user stopped working ... ??

Cheers,
Wol