Mailing List Archive

kinda tight on time, what versions are good?
Kinda short on time to F with my system rn...

Is GCC 10.2 any good or should I stay on 9.3?

A few months ago I was in a squeeze play between the sound drivers and
the video drivers on kernel 5.6.???? I even RMA'd my motherboard though
there is a chance that it was only insability in the sound drivers that
was the root problem, the thing is really tricky to configure, you need
to make sure you have alsamixer pointed to the actual device and not the
pulseaudio top... Symptom = wasn't setting volume on left channel audio
out, couldn't find a way to fix it with alsamixer at the time.

What is the latest kernel you can use with the current nvidia-drivers?
If I can bump my kernel version to something on a stable branch just
below that version, I'd like to version freeze for 6-8 months....

The kernel penguins like removing API calls that Nvidia drivers use
because they don't like binary drivers. They had scored a pretty serious
hit with version 5.7, so I'm not sure if nvidia was able to find a
workaround.

--
The vaccine is a LIE.
#TheHonklerIsReal