Mailing List Archive

custom mount fstab
Hi people,

I had a problem with docker on gentoo and found the solution for all my
problems with a custom mount command:

|sudo mount -t cgroup -o none,name=systemd cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd
Can anybody of you tell me how to add that one in /etc/fstab file ?
best, Tamer |
Re: custom mount fstab [ In reply to ]
On Friday, 3 July 2020 14:33:52 BST Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I had a problem with docker on gentoo and found the solution for all my
>
> problems with a custom mount command:
> |sudo mount -t cgroup -o none,name=systemd cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd
>
> Can anybody of you tell me how to add that one in /etc/fstab file ?
> best, Tamer |

I haven't used cgroups or docker, but if your mount command above is correct,
I assume something like this ought to work as far as fstab is concerned:

cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd cgroup none,name=systemd 0 1
Re: custom mount fstab [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 3, 2020, 09:34 Tamer Higazi <th982a@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I had a problem with docker on gentoo and found the solution for all my
> problems with a custom mount command:
>
> |sudo mount -t cgroup -o none,name=systemd cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd
> Can anybody of you tell me how to add that one in /etc/fstab file ?
> best, Tamer |

Docker on OpenRC or systemd?

Also with the new cgroups or old?

AFAIK Docker doesn't work or support the new cgroups. :/
Re: custom mount fstab [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew,

it's on systemd.

Previously I had problems connecting with docker.
After I searched on Github, docker ran then without any problems at all.

best, Tamer

Re: custom mount fstab [ In reply to ]
Thanks Michael!

I'll give it a try.

best, Tamer

Re: custom mount fstab [ In reply to ]
On 03/07/2020 16:33, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I had a problem with docker on gentoo and found the solution for all my
> problems with a custom mount command:
>
> |sudo mount -t cgroup -o none,name=systemd cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd
> Can anybody of you tell me how to add that one in /etc/fstab file ?

I use docker and I don't have to add anything like that to fstab.
systemd mounts it automatically. However:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Docker#Docker_service_fails_because_cgroup_device_not_mounted_.28systemd.29

So make sure to emerge systemd with the "cgroup-hybrid" USE flag set.
Re: custom mount fstab [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 16:33:42 +0200
Tamer Higazi <th982a@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Michael!
>
> I'll give it a try.
>

> best, Tamer
>
> Am 3 Jul 2020 um 15:46 schrieb Michael:
> > On Friday, 3 July 2020 14:33:52 BST Tamer Higazi wrote:
> >> Hi people,
> >>
> >> I had a problem with docker on gentoo and found the solution for
> >> all my
> >>
> >> problems with a custom mount command:
> >> /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd
> >>
> >> Can anybody of you tell me how to add that one in /etc/fstab file ?
> >> best, Tamer |
> > I haven't used cgroups or docker, but if your mount command above
> > is correct, I assume something like this ought to work as far as
> > fstab is concerned:
> >
> > cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd cgroup none,name=systemd 0 1

Hi,

Not sure if this may help but there is a library which you can install
called dev-libs/libcgroup which has an init program /etc/init.d/cgconfig

In the config file /etc/cgroup/cgconfig I have

mount {
"name=systemd" = /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd;
}

which allows lxd containers to run using systemd

Not sure if this what you are after but maybe of use. It allows me to
run Arch linux containers in Gentoo.

John