--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:20:26 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> There a site out there that lists files installed for just about all
> gentoo ebuilds, could some kind soul post the url for me please?

http://www.rommel.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~fejf/cgi-bin/pfs-web.pl?action=home

But it's currently not working :(

http://packages.debian.org says it's part of parted, and qfile agrees (I
didn't even know I had it installed).

--
Neil Bothwick

Uhura: Captain, you're being flamed on channel one.
Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
There is a wonderful new tool available for questions like this!!

http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery?dir=&package=&full_file=&file=partprobe&version=&pflquery=submitted

Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
On Monday 14 January 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:20:26 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > There a site out there that lists files installed for just about
> > all gentoo ebuilds, could some kind soul post the url for me
> > please?
>
> http://www.rommel.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~fejf/cgi-bin/pfs-web.pl?action
>=home
>
> But it's currently not working :(
>
> http://packages.debian.org says it's part of parted, and qfile agrees
> (I didn't even know I had it installed).

That explains why it's missing - victim of a recent spring clean I did.
I never use parted, I'm an fdisk kind of guy myself :-)

Thanks for the reply, and to Etaoin as well

Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]

Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
On 1/14/08, justin@j-schmitz.net <justin@j-schmitz.net> wrote:

> There is a wonderful new tool available for questions like this!!
>
> http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery?dir=&package=&full_file=&file=partprobe&version=&pflquery=submitted

Many tanks, it is a good URL to know :)

Gal'
Re: Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
www.portagefilelist.de

Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
On Monday 14 January 2008, justin@j-schmitz.net wrote:

> There is a wonderful new tool available for questions like this!!
>
> http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery?dir=&package=
>&full_file=&file=partprobe&version=&pflquery=submitted

Great tool, thanks for the info!
Re: Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
On Monday 14 January 2008, justin@j-schmitz.net wrote:
> www.portagefilelist.de

*Very* useful link - thanks!

alan

Re: Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
help to update the database.

Re: Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
reader@newsguy.com wrote:
> <justin@j-schmitz.net> writes:
>

>> There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
>> contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
>> database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
>> help to update the database.
>>

> That script fails here... I suppose the site has a bug report or help
> link there somewhere. Or I guess a wiki input scheme... I've never
> actually used a wiki in that way before.
>
> Very nice site though... many times over the last 3 or so years I could
> have used this.. Thanks gentoo community.

I ran the script here and it worked fine. Did you run it as root? Also
make it executable too.

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
reader@newsguy.com wrote:
> < SNIP >
>
> But since I don't I just moved the directory. :)

That's what I would have done too. LOL

Dale

:-) :-) :-)
Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]

Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]

Re: ebuild that installs partprobe [ In reply to ]
Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> writes:

> reader@newsguy.com wrote:
>> <justin@j-schmitz.net> writes:
>>

>>> There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
>>> contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
>>> database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
>>> help to update the database.
>>>

>> That script fails here... I suppose the site has a bug report or help
>> link there somewhere. Or I guess a wiki input scheme... I've never
>> actually used a wiki in that way before.
>>
>> Very nice site though... many times over the last 3 or so years I could
>> have used this.. Thanks gentoo community.
>>

> I ran the script here and it worked fine. Did you run it as root? Also
> make it executable too.

I did those things as matter of course. It think its a directory at
/var/db/pkg/sus-libs/ that is empty that is causing the grief.

It also appears to have a funky name from some kind of error
somewhere.

/var/db/pkg/sys-libs/-MERGING-pam-0.99.8.1-r1

If I knew anything about python I might try fixing it since a well
written script ought not to cave on an empty directory.

But since I don't I just moved the directory. :)