If any would like access to this system, please let me know.

Best regards,

rodent@
Re: LDOM available on T5120 for Gentoo devs and portage maintainers [ In reply to ]
On 2016-07-20 10:37, diro@nixsyspaus.org wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just a short note to announce that an LDOM is available to Gentoo
> developers and portage maintainers who wish to further the OS on
> sparc64. My
> initial experience with Gentoo under this setup has been documented
> here:
>
> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7945996.html#7945996
>
> If any would like access to this system, please let me know.
>
> Best regards,
>
> rodent@

As far as i know, I'm the only one here actively working on SPARC.

The biggest issue that you have is that the current gentoo SPARC cd is
quite old. It really doesn't work all that well on any sun4v gear. I
have newer unofficial ISO's, stage3's, and profiles that support a pure
64bit environment on sparc. Hopefully i can get those pushed upstream
soon enough.
Re: LDOM available on T5120 for Gentoo devs and portage maintainers [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I had some problems which went away when I used ext3 as the filesystem. Tried initially to use ext4.

Knut Petter

Re: LDOM available on T5120 for Gentoo devs and portage maintainers [ In reply to ]
On 2016-07-20 11:38, Knut Petter Ølberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had some problems which went away when I used ext3 as the
> filesystem. Tried initially to use ext4.
>
> Knut Petter
>
>> On 20. jul. 2016, at 16.37, diro@nixsyspaus.org wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Just a short note to announce that an LDOM is available to Gentoo
>> developers and portage maintainers who wish to further the OS on
>> sparc64. My
>> initial experience with Gentoo under this setup has been documented
>> here:
>>
>> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7945996.html#7945996
>>
>> If any would like access to this system, please let me know.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> rodent@

Do you know what machine / kernel you were running. Sun4V EXT4 issues
were fixed a while ago, but i still see them on some older machines. The
E6K in particular.
Re: LDOM available on T5120 for Gentoo devs and portage maintainers [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Not entirely sure if I was running it in an LDOM on a T1000 or T5140.

Come to think of it. Might have been during an older debian installation.

Knut Petter

Re: LDOM available on T5120 for Gentoo devs and portage maintainers [ In reply to ]
This was good advice. Changing from ext4 to ext3 allowed emerge-webrsync to
not hang forever. However, i had to repartition and reformat the disks due to
exhausting inodes. Upon booting, i get this now:

http://cossus.ca/gentoo.txt

Any ideas?

Re: LDOM available on T5120 for Gentoo devs and portage maintainers [ In reply to ]
Does the kernel have support for ext3? Also make sure fstab is correct

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device