am using the stage1-x86 tar balls. i tried stage2 and stage3-x86 but get
same error.

/|\

Re: hardened and amd-k6 [ In reply to ]
Hey Terry.

I'm not sure that this is related, but I'm also experiencing a lot of
'Illegal Instruction' errors with my athlon-xp. I haven't had any issues
building my system, but after building common programs like Eterm, I get
lots of 'Illegal Instruction' errors.

Cheers to everyone, and have a good weekend.

-Jeff

--
R2-D2 and Chewbacca are playing the holographic game aboard
the Millennium Falcon.
Chewbacca:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh
C-3PO:
He made a fair move. Screaming about it can't help you.
Han Solo:
Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee.
C-3PO:
But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid.
Han Solo:
That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out
of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known
to do that.
Chewbacca:
Grrf.
C-3PO:
I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2:
let the Wookiee win.