is SELinux compatible?

Cheers!
Chris
Re: SELinux support Reiserfs? [ In reply to ]
Hi Chris

If I recall correctly reiserfs isn't support since it doesn't support
extended attributes or the namespace extensions that selinux requires.
It has been a few months since I dealt with SELinux though so there may
be patches available now.

HTH

Ben

Re: SELinux support Reiserfs? [ In reply to ]
Ben Maynard wrote:

>Hi Chris
>
>If I recall correctly reiserfs isn't support since it doesn't support
>extended attributes or the namespace extensions that selinux requires.
>It has been a few months since I dealt with SELinux though so there may
>be patches available now.
>
>HTH
>
>Ben

Thanks Ben,
The kernel shows reiserfs as having some extended attribute support, but
I wasn't sure if it was everything that SELinux needed.

<*> Reiserfs support
[*] ReiserFS extended attributes
[*] ReiserFS POSIX Access Control Lists
[*] ReiserFS Security Labels

CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY:
Security labels support alternative access control models
implemented by security modules like SELinux. This option
enables an extended attribute handler for file security
labels in the ReiserFS filesystem.

I guess I'll stick have to research more or go ext3.

Cheers,
Chris
Re: SELinux support Reiserfs? [ In reply to ]
I got this from: http://www.livejournal.com/users/james_morris/3580.html
(scroll down to the reiiserfs part)

I don't recall removing anything from genfs_contexts
but add the line
fs_use_xattr reiserfs system_u:object_r:fs_t
to an appropriate place in fs_use let me relabel the file system

Re: SELinux support Reiserfs? [ In reply to ]
Steven Sennebogen wrote:

>I got this from: http://www.livejournal.com/users/james_morris/3580.html
>(scroll down to the reiiserfs part)
>
>I don't recall removing anything from genfs_contexts
>but add the line
>fs_use_xattr reiserfs system_u:object_r:fs_t
>to an appropriate place in fs_use let me relabel the file system

Great! Thanks Steven.
Looks like I'll have to have a play and serious test if I head down the
route.