Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Kernels and GLSAs [ In reply to ]
n 9/21/05, Kevin Bryan <bryank@cs.uri.edu> wrote:

> You might try regenworld, but run it with --help first so you know
> what is going to do. And be sure backup your world file first.
>
> - --Kevin

I wouldn't suggest that at all. According to the Gentoo Portage team
regenworld *isn't* for adding missing ebuilds to the world file. I
was doing an "emerge -up --deep world" and it was missing stuff, so I
thought regenworld should fix this -- wrong! It is just to be used as
a starter world file in a recovery situation, you'll still have to add
a lot of things to it manually and sometimes get rid of things that
you don't have installed.