two?

Thanks a lot

Anthony
Re: How to Follow security@bugs.gentoo.org? [ In reply to ]

Re: How to Follow security@bugs.gentoo.org? [ In reply to ]
> I'm happy to use procmail to filter out if anyone has a nice recipe or
> two?

message from: bugzilla-daemon@gentoo.org
Message subject contains "New: "

You can work out the procmail rule - I haven't tried.

--
Daniel Black <dragonheart@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Crypto/PPC/Forensics/NetMon
Re: How to Follow security@bugs.gentoo.org? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:47:26AM +0930, Daniel wrote:
> message from: bugzilla-daemon@gentoo.org
> Message subject contains "New: "

Not all bugs will contain "new", since some are assigned to security
after they've been filed. Your best bet is to use the preferences
section I talked about earlier--tell it to alert you when the bug is
first filed. An alternative would be to have a list of bug numbers
you've heard of before and, if it's not in that list, pass it on (I
encourage you to check out yample.sourceforge.net for a nice, friendly
alternative to procmail ;).
--
Dan Margolis
Gentoo Security/Audit
Re: How to Follow security@bugs.gentoo.org? [ In reply to ]
Daniel wrote:

>>I'm happy to use procmail to filter out if anyone has a nice recipe or
>>two?
>
> message from: bugzilla-daemon@gentoo.org
> Message subject contains "New: "
>
> You can work out the procmail rule - I haven't tried.

Bugzilla notifications have this nice header called "X-Bugzilla-Reason"
which tells you why the mail was sent to you. You can use this in
filters, for example to send New or AssignedTo messages in a separate
folder.

However, like Dan said, the best way to filter out messages is to ask
Bugzilla not to send them in the first place, which will ease the load
on both the sender and the filterer.

--
Koon