any other documentation available that I can use to help me install and
configure it properly?

Thanks for your help.
Re: TCP Wrapper Documentation [ In reply to ]
Search for "tcp wrappers howto" on Google. Yes, this must be
maintained manually. I recommend to do away with /etc/host.deny and
have "ALL :ALL@ALL :deny" as the last line of /etc/hosts.allow.

Re: TCP Wrapper Documentation [ In reply to ]
Re: TCP Wrapper Documentation [ In reply to ]
Thank you for all the suggestions, they have been very helpful and I now
have my tcp wrappers up and running.

Just out of curiosity, why doesn't the ebuild install /etc/hosts.allow/deny
with some basic configuration examples or at least empty files?

Re: TCP Wrapper Documentation [ In reply to ]
I can think of three reasons: less clutter, less maintenance, and
keeping the machine from wasting time parsing the file on busy systems
that may have libwrap-enabled applications, but where no access
controls have been configured.