Mailing List Archive

32bit user mode, want to compile 64bit programs
Hi,

I'm new to gentoo and I've installed 64bit kernel and 32bit userland on
a PowerMac G5.

Now I want to compile a program as 64bit.

$ gcc -m64 -o hello hello.c
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:400:0,
from /usr/include/stdio.h:27,
from hello.c:1:
/usr/include/gnu/stubs.h:11:27: fatal error: gnu/stubs-64.h: No such
file or directory
compilation terminated.
$

I assume, I'm missing the 64bit version of glibc (and maybe other libs).

How do I install 64bit versions of selected libraries? I don't want to
switch to 64bit userland,
I just want to have the ability to compile some of my programs as 64bit.

regards,
chris
Re: 32bit user mode, want to compile 64bit programs [ In reply to ]
you cannot do it... or you could give a try installing a 64bit chroot

--
my blog: http://linuxpowerpc.blogspot.com
Re: 32bit user mode, want to compile 64bit programs [ In reply to ]
Hi Nello,

On 02/11/14 20:20, nello martuscielli wrote:
> you cannot do it... or you could give a try installing a 64bit chroot

Hmm, that would be sufficient for my purpose. Any pointers how to do this?

regards,
chris
Re: 32bit user mode, want to compile 64bit programs [ In reply to ]
hi, maybe this page could be usefull:
http://cruxppc.org/ChrootTesting

it's from cruxppc but "modus operandi" it's quite the same as CLFS and Gentoo.